Wednesday, July 27, 2011

That Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Jerry was at home yesterday afternoon working on sheeting the goat barn and thus the dogs were out and about, roaming the property.  They decided to go down over the hill.  And low and behold, what did they find - some type of something nasty that has been there for a while!  And what did they decide to do - they decided to roll in it!  Lovely!  Dogs will be dogs.... When I got home the dogs were still outside and I didn't notice the smell.  I went about with my evening routine, we had dinner and I went to bed.  Jerry let the dogs in and decided that Sadie needed a bath before bed because of the stench.  Sadie hates baths and as soon as she is done and out of the bathroom she rip roars around the house like nobody's business.  The rip roaring took place and then Jerry sent Sadie downstairs to go to bed.  Now I know what you're thinking - what in the world is a cattle dog doing sleeping in the house?  Let me put your mind at ease - she is a very ferocious cattle dog who just happens to like the comfort of a nice soft bed right next to me.  FEROCIOUS.  So she jumped up on my bed just like every night.  She likes to stay on the bed until Jerry comes downstairs.  (Don't judge my ferocious cattle dog - please let her continue with her illusion of ferociousness.)  The difference last night was that she had just had a bath and Jerry only towel dried her.  The good thing is that she sleeps on Jerry's side of the bed until he comes downstairs!!  (MWAAHAAAHAA!  Oops, did I laugh too hard?)  This morning when Jerry and I were having coffee I asked him how he slept last night.  Can you guess his response?? 

I shared this post at:

2 comments: