Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blue 2, Red 1

For the first time ever I entered some things in the fair.  For those fair veterans out there, please don't laugh.  I entered 3 things:  duck eggs, chicken eggs and a jar of zucchini relish that I told you about here.  And guess what??  This first timer didn't do to shabby!  I got blue ribbons for both sets of eggs and a red ribbon for my zucchini relish.  Wowza!  I could barely contain myself when I saw the ribbons!  There I was, a grown woman, acting very similar to a four year old with a new barbie.  But I didn't care - I was wrapped up in the moment.  I just about squeezed all the air out of Jerry, did some serious jumping and high-fiving and talked about the fair non-stop for the next four days!  (Jerry is really hoping that once I get this posted I will move on to something else - little does he know my plans are on to what I am going to enter next year!)

There is nothing quite like a true county fair.  And when I say true - I mean a fair that is not all about rides and booths and carnival crap.  It is about the animals and the cooking and the crafts!  I am so lucky to live in a county that has a fabulous fair.  County fairs offer all American fun and that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

My ribbons and dough from the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment