Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fantastic Finds

I am a yard saler.  I love them (and that is an understatement)!  There is nothing quite like the thrill of getting something for my farm or home at a fraction of the cost it would be new.  I was able to get all of the accessories for the goat barn that I told you about here from yard sales!  When I am at a yard sale I like to make a pile of the items I plan to buy and then deal on the whole pile.  The majority of the time I get a much better deal using this method.  I learned this fantastic strategy from my mom.  She is the master yard saler of all time!  This last weekend Jerry and I went out yard saling and found some fabulous items:

I had no clue what this thing was.  Luckily Jerry was with me and he knew it would be something I would want :-)  This will replace the two heat lamps I have in my chicken coop in the winter.

Flock Heater - $1
Jerry and I recently bought a camper and I have been looking for the essentials for it.  And look what I found at the same yard sale:
Wooden Spoons -$.25   Cooking Utensils - $.10

I found these shoes at a different yard sale.  I have to dress up everyday for the real job so I love finding things like these shoes that look new!  I want to be able to spend my hard earned money on my animals and plants for my gardens - not fancy clothes and shoes!  I have found that if you are willing to look at the clothes and shoes at yard sales (and maybe dig through them a little) you can find some really nice things that are very budget friendly.

Nude Pumps - $2
And last, but definately not least (in Jerry's opinion) is the Hummingbird Fish Finder.  You know the boat I told you about here - well of course it needs a fish finder!  (Why wouldn't it?)  This fish finder had never been taken out of the box - it was still sealed.  Jerry told me this was a smokin' deal!  My dad, the expert fisherman, confirmed.....

Hummingbird Fish Finder - $15
I like to yard sale on Saturday afternoons during the summer - when it is too hot to work outside.  There are deals to be had and I just have to go and check them out!


2 comments: